Saturday, November 15, 2008

Survivor Philipinnes - a bad influence to Filipinos?

I am not an avid fan of Survivor ever since. I remember when I was a child, I used to see our eldest brother watching Survivor at Studio 23. It seemed he liked the show very much and I wondered why.

If I am not mistaken, it was summer when GMA-7 broadcasted that they have the Pinoy version of Survivor (which they named Survivor Philippines).

I’ve been waiting for the premiere of the show because I wanted to know how they are going to manage it.
Actually, I was disappointed when I found out that they did the challenges at Koh Tarurao, Thailand but I learned later on from Paolo Bediones, host of Survivor Philippines, that it is a part of the rules.



My mother really does not want this reality show. She keeps on opposing me whenever I defend it. She keeps on telling me that you will get no good values from it instead, you will adapt that bad attitudes of the castaways. In other words, this reality show influences you badly!

Well, I just ignore her thoughts because I know in myself, I won’t imitate them, I won’t be like them.

…I think, I know the answer and I am not wondering now why too many Filipinos like me, attract at this kind of reality show.


No comments: