Monday, January 17, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic: The Girl in the Green Scarf

(A Personal Article Related to the Movie – Most Valuable Asset)

By Dante Rossetti Santos Alejo

“Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power…

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all”

Lines from the song of Alicia Keys are somehow related to the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic.

People ask for everything. People demand everything. We want to get what we want but still there are some things that we value most in our life – it may be the people important to us or the material things that matter to us…

I am living simple; I don’t want extravagant gears or what. I just want simple but meaningful life. But because I am still human who needs social life and everything, I learned to be in trend. I ask my mom to buy this and that, but still I know my limitations. I do not do finger pointing when in shops.

The most valuable thing for me is my bag. It is very important to me. I use it every day; I bring it wherever I go, whenever I have to. It is just part of my life and it is very useful to me. Aside from being there for me to carry my package, my bag also serves as my friend that I could hug tightly if I need some comfort.

I treat my bags as bag but not the kind of bags that are thrown everywhere their owners want to throw. I respect them like the way I do to humans because they are important to me. I take care of them so as to be good looking whenever I use them.

We have to remember that bags are not just bags that we use; they are like people helping us to carry what we have to carry on.

1 comment:

Canada said...

The movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is a story of how debt may eventually destroy your life and ruin your credit. The protagonist is so addicted to shopping it is taking over a large portion of her entire life.