Sunday, January 30, 2011

Memories in the box

I have described in my previous entry an unusual box (but not the literal box). I hope you had the right guess of what it is.


By Dante Rossetti Santos Alejo


Room 208, a room in Arts Building, is where I stay in every Monday and Thursday from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm. This is where I, together with my classmates, do some writings for Journalism 101 (Feature Writing).


We can not deny the fact that in every place we go especially that a lot of times are spent there, memories are made and developed.


I have already collected some memories from our room in journalism class. I have the most unforgettable whether good or bad.


There was a time that it rained so heavy and I came late in school, that’s why I was not able to attend my first class that day and went to Room 208 instead. Because I was the first one in the room, I just felt lonely as the rain fell that day. It was like I was the only one in the world and left by my friends. My feelings were driven because of the weather. However, when my classmates came in, I gradually became happy.


Another unforgettable experience is that I had to attend the Institute of Arts and Sciences – Student Council (IAS-SC)’s event, the 4-in-1 Symposium (this was about drugs, smoke, aids awareness, and Save the Earth Campaign). The scene was I was in the Auditorium and my excuse letter was with me. I had to bring it to my professor because we had our long quiz. When I gave the letter, I had to decide whether I would take the quiz right away or the next meeting (which she would definitely change the quiz format anyway). Because of some pressure, I decided to take the quiz though I haven’t reviewed yet. I wrote in the test paper what was in my mind (also known as the “Stock Knowledge”). After taking the quiz, I went back to the Auditorium.


The next meeting I received my test paper; I thanked God because I did not fail, though the grade is low.


These are just the two of many experiences I had in Room 208. I just wonder, for the next semesters we would use the same room again, and if that happens, experience would be added in my memories.

No comments: