Monday, January 17, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic: The Girl in the Green Scarf

(A Personal Article Related to the Movie – Putting my Feet in her Shoes)


By Dante Rossetti
Santos Alejo

If I were to put my feet in the shoes of the columnist in the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic (also known as “The Girl in the Green Scarf”), I would write the following for my article:


Credit card. That’s what employees put in their wallets aside from cash and other stuff. They want this so if ever they run out of cash, they liked something and they want to buy it, and wage is not yet coming, they could use alternative. It’s like in a snap, that “thing” is in my bag!

I myself have lots of credit cards in my wallet because honestly, I’m a shopaholic. I want to buy everything I want to, and even those I only see in stores when I walk in the sides of street. Take note! The things I buy are not cheap; those are branded. There’s like a magnet pulling me inside the store to buy that thing and I can’t get over with it; I can’t avoid buying it.

That’s why I need to work and work and work so I could pay all the bills I got caused by shopping here and shopping there.

But what is the most painful part is that when you are already in the store and ready to buy what you got, here is your credit card reaching its amount limit; then, the cash in your wallet is also limited. How could I buy this one if I am running out of money, right?

It is really hard to be shopaholic; you always buy what you want but you do not actually need; it requires too lot of money. I thank my best friend who is eagerly helping me find way to escape buying unnecessary things. I don’t want to hurt others anymore. I must stop this habit.

No comments: